Join the Wildflower team, where no two days are alike. Whether you’re seeking a summer job or are pursuing a career in the golf industry, if you’re hardworking and enthusiastic and would love to serve our golfers, then you are encouraged to complete our online application.
Now Hiring for Summer 2021–Hiring is done on a rolling basis as applications come in. Send in your application ASAP for a better chance of getting your first job choice.
Applications should be sent to Attn: Human Resources:
- Mail to: PO Box 6, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting pay rate is $10.08 per hour. Returning & experienced employees may qualify for pay increase.
Room & Board
Fair Hills Resort has rooms available for about 30 staff each summer to live at the resort and golf course (this is on a first come, first serve basis). We are required to withhold room & board from your paycheck if you live at the resort. The amount withheld is $12.00 per day. That daily rate includes three meals daily. A $50.00 deposit will be taken from your first paycheck. This deposit will be refunded to you on your last day provided your room passes inspection.
- Outside Services
- Outside service personnel are responsible for greeting golfers and assisting with their clubs. Outside service personnel are the first people the customer encounters when arriving at Wildflower Golf Course, so they make the first impression and must always represent the course positively. Outside service personnel are also responsible for cleaning, refueling and restocking the golf cart fleet, maintaining and regularly picking the driving range and overall supervision of cart assignments/damages. The outside services personnel must be willing to assist golfers as needed, participate in the operations of tournaments and corporate functions, assist the snack bar staff as needed, take initiative to complete tasks and always positively represent the course. The outside services shifts are either morning or evening.
- Snack Bar
- The snack bar staff serves food and beverages to our golf customers. They are also responsible for stocking all food, beverage and supplies daily, as well as general cleaning of the pro shop. The snack bar staff must be willing to assist golfers as needed, participate in the operations of tournaments and corporate functions, assist other departments as needed, take initiative to complete tasks and always positively represent the course. Beverage cart shifts are evenly rotated amongst the snack bar employees.
- Course Maintenance
- The course maintenance crew maintains the 18 holes at Wildflower and the 9 holes at Fair Hills. Previous experience with lawn equipment is preferred. The crew typically works Monday - Friday from sunrise - 2:00 p.m. and alternating weekends.
When applying for an internship, please send a resume along with your completed application.
- The internship to which you apply must relate to your area of study in school
- You must be able to work at least the 10 weeks of Family Season, June 20 – August 28: Preference will be given to applicants who can work Labor Day Weekend and early or later into the season (negotiable)
- You must be able to work weekends & holidays as well as weekdays
- You must be able to work day or evening shifts – weekly schedules are subject to change based on business demands
- 32-40 hours per week
- Pay starts at $10.05 per hour
- Eligible for up to a $1.00 bonus
- Housing available – $12.00 per day (includes three daily meals)
- Commuter meals available for $3.00 per meal
- Access to Fair Hills & Wildflower amenities
All Internships will focus on the following skills:
- Customer Service
- Promoting a Positive Work & Vacation Environment
Completed applications or questions can be sent to Casey’s attention: PO Box 6, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502 or email@example.com
- Pro Shop Management Internship
- This exciting internship will focus on Golf Operations at Wildflower Golf Course and is geared toward a college student pursuing a degree in Golf Enterprise Management. The student will report directly to the General Manager of the golf course. This internship includes responsibility of staff supervision while acting as manager on duty, completing front desk tasks which include but not limited to, checking in golfers, answer the telephone and face-to-face interaction with customers. The intern will also assist with facilitating tournaments and weekly league events. Finally, the intern will assist in managing the pro shop inventory with includes merchandising, running promotions and meeting sales goals. This internship will provide an emphasis on the following skills: marketing & merchandising, organizing & running tournaments, building guest relations and supervising staff.
- Turfgrass Maintenance Internship
- This exciting internship will focus on maintaining the grounds of 27+ holes of golf and is geared toward a college student who is pursuing a degree in Horticulture, Turfgrass Sciences or Golf Enterprise Management. The student will report directly to the Superintendent of the courses. The intern will gain knowledge of the golf course industry and work within a team that is dedicated to course play-ability and aesthetics each and every day. This intern will be in charge of supervision of the crew and delegation of duties, documenting moisture levels and running daily reports for the state of the course as well as machine operation and maintenance. This internship will provide an emphasis on the following skills: creating schedules and renovation plans, disease identification & management and general grounds maintenance, repair and management.
- Golf Professional of Instruction Internship
- This exciting internship will focus on instruction of golf lessons, clinics, and kids camps at Wildflower Golf Course and is geared toward a college student pursuing a degree as a PGA Golf Professional. The student will report directly to the General Manager of the golf course. This internship includes coordination and facilitation of group and private lessons, ladies clinics, and kids camps. The internship also offers the opportunity for managerial experience while acting as Manager on Duty (MOD). MOD responsibilities include staff supervision, completing front desk tasks which include but not limited to, checking in golfers, answer the telephone, and face-to-face interaction with customers. The intern will also assist with facilitating tournaments and weekly league events. Finally, the intern will assist in managing the pro shop inventory which includes merchandising, running promotions and meeting sales goals. This internship will provide an emphasis on the following skills: instruction, marketing & merchandising, organizing & facilitating tournaments, building guest relations and supervising staff.